Mid Face Lift
Aging begins with collapsing and sagging in the soft tissues of the face. Since the middle face is a soft tissue area, it is the area where signs of aging occur. Thanks to the mid-face lift surgery, which rejuvenates and tightens the center of the face, it is possible to erase the heavy marks of time and refresh the facial expression.
The middle face starts from the lower eyelids and ends where the cheeks meet the chin, including the cheekbones. With a mid-face lift, this area of the face is tightened and stretched upwards. Moving up the cheeks and cheekbone also makes the jawline more pronounced. Mid-facelift surgery creates a natural jawline effect.
Why does the face hang?
From the thirties, the body’s collagen production decreases by an average of 1% per year due to aging. Collagen deficiency causes elastin cells, which provide the flexibility of soft tissues, to relax and elongate. If the cheekbones are high and the soft tissues are not strong, the face begins to collapse and the skin begins to sag.
The causes of sagging and collapse in the middle face vary from person to person:
- Genetically poor bone and muscle structure.
- Collagen and elastin loss due to aging.
- Weight loss.
What is Mid-Face Lift Surgery?
It is an aesthetic face lift surgery performed using different techniques in order to rearrange the subcutaneous tissues in the mid-face area and to move the sagging skin upwards. It allows us to achieve expansion and tightening in the central area of the face, extending from under the eye to the cheeks.
Mid-facelift surgery, which is used in cases such as collapse under the eye due to aging or genetic reasons, tissue loss in the cheeks, sagging, eliminates the old, tired, sunken facial expression.
The content of the surgery may vary slightly depending on the techniques used. In general, we can summarize it as removing the soft tissue from the bone and then taking it upwards.
The results we want to achieve with mid-facelift surgery are as follows:
- Stretching the under-eye area, the soft tissue surrounding the cheekbones and cheeks with a lifting effect.
- To make the soft tissues under the skin look tense and strong.
- Making the midface look fuller.
- Rejuvenating and refreshing facial expression.
- Eliminating wrinkles.
- To approach the aesthetic ratio in the middle as much as possible.
Who Can Have Mid Face Surgery?
Although facial rejuvenation and stretching operations are recommended for people over middle age, mid-facelift surgery can also be applied to young women who are not satisfied with the distribution of soft tissues, with the approval of the physician.
Since it is mostly used in sagging and collapsing situations, it is an operation aimed at eliminating the complaints of people aged 40 and over. Since the soft tissues are strong and tight and the skin is tight at a young age, it is recommended to use non-surgical methods for people under 30 years of age. However, if it is decided that the face needs this type of operation, every healthy adult can have the image they dream of with mid-facelift surgery.
Mid Face Lift Techniques
Several different methods are used as open and closed operations. Recently, the most preferred Endoscopic Face Lift operations. It is possible to say that it is in high demand, especially among young patients, as it enables us to achieve very successful results in low sagging and relaxation.
Mid Face Lift Preparation Process
During preparation for the surgery and detailed face-to-face consultation, the medical history of the patient is learned and his expectation from the operation is understood. The patient and doctor must agree on the final result. After this point, the stages and content of the preparation process for mid-facelift surgery consists of the following:
- The method to be used is decided.
- The patient is informed about the method.
- Anesthesia method is decided and the patient is informed about anesthesia.
- The patient is informed about the postoperative recovery period.
- The patient’s face is prepared for surgery.
Aspirin and similar blood thinners are not allowed to use starting a week before the operation. You must stop smoking and drink alcohol before the operation.
Recovery Process After Mid-Face Lift Surgery
Recovery processes vary depending on the method used and the context of the operation.
- The recovery period after endoscopic mid-facelift surgery is faster than the other two methods.
- Regardless of the method used, conditions such as swelling, bruising, numbness, and itching after mid-facelift operations are the expected normal results.
- You may need to stay in the hospital overnight after mid-facelift surgery with a subciliary approach. In other ways, you can usually leave the hospital a few hours after the operation.
- In the endoscopic method, you can return to your normal life a few days after the operation. In the other two methods, this period may take up to 7-10 days.
If you are planning to have a mid-facelift surgery and a method other than the endoscopic method will be used, it is useful to plan so that you can rest for at least 1 week.
Mid Face Lift Surgery in Turkey
Turkey, one of the country has won the world’s trust by developing and growing in health tourism. Thanks to success of doctors, it is preferred by more and more people every day. You can reach the mid-face lift surgery in Turkey with the most natural and beautiful results.
Mid Face Lift Prices
Prices; It varies according to the method, clinic, experience of the surgeon who will perform the operation and the content of the operation. You can contact us for more information.