What is Hair Transplant?
Hair transplantation is a surgical technique that removes hair follicles from one part of the body, called the ‘donor site’, to a bald or balding part of the body known as the ‘recipient site.
Pattern baldness is responsible for the majority of hair loss. This comes down to genetics. The remaining cases are due to a variety of factors,including.
- Hormonal imbalance
HAIR TRANSPLANTATION METHODS
Hair transplant operation is basically the process of transplanting follicles taken from other parts of the body (usually the back of the head) to areas without hair follicles. However, this operation is performed in different ways according to the doctor’s observations, the desire of the patient and various situations. Hair transplantation methods applied in Estecapelli that have experienced many innovations in recent years can be listed as follows;
FUT Hair Transplant method, Sapphire FUE Hair transplant method, DHI Hair transplant method. OzonFUE hair transplant method, OzonDHI hair transplant method, FUEVITA hair transplant method
Apart from this, transplantation is also performed on some other parts of the body; Eyebrow transplant, Beard Transplant
Also, there are some treatment methods performed to strengthen the hair and prevent it from losing its health. These treatments can be listed as follows; Hair Mesotherapy, PRP Hair Treatment
All of these procedures are carried out within Estecapelli, taking into consideration the health and comfort conditions.
Under Which Conditions Should Hair Transplantation Be Performed?
Although there are multiple reasons for hair loss, this is usually due to hormonal deficiency. However, in some cases, hair loss can be prevented with simple treatment methods instead of performing a hair transplant operation. Hair Transplant operations can be done in the following situations:
- Increasing of a small amount of hair loss
- Your hair starts to decrease significantly
- Continuation of hair loss against the measures taken
- Being examined by a specialist doctor and learning the necessity of hair transplantation
If you encounter a few of these diagnoses or diagnoses, you can search for the right choices for hair transplantation.
Who Can Have Hair Transplantation?
It is beneficial for health that people who will undergo hair transplantation are usually older than 20 and younger than 65. It is a necessary precaution that all medical signs of patients who should not have any health impairment are suitable for hair transplantation. As Estecapelli, health suitability is carefully examined during the hair transplantation process.
Who does not benefit from a hair transplant?
- Women with a widespread pattern of hair loss throughout the scalp
- People who dont have enough ‘donor’hair sites from which to remove hair for transplant
- People who form keloid scars( thick, fibrous scars)after injury or surgery
- People whose hair loss is due to medication such as chemotherapy.
What happens after a hair transplant?
Your scalp may be söre, and you may need to take medications following hair transplant surgery, such as:
- Pain medication
- Antibiotics to reduce your risk of infection
- Anti-inflammatory medications to keep swelling down
It is normal for the transplanted hair fall out 2-3 weeks after the procedure. This makes way for new hair growth.
What are the things to be considered before hair transplantation?
- 14 days before your scheduled procedure do NOT take Aspirin or any other anti-inflammatory medications (Ibuprofen, Nurofen etc.) as they will increase bleeding
- 14 days before your scheduled do NOT take tricyclic antidepressants, MAO inhibitors (Isocarboxazid, Marplan, phenelzine (Nardil, Nardelzine) tranylcypromine (Parnate, Sicoton), Deprenyl, selegiline hydrochloride, 5 HTP, Amitriptyline, Prozac, Wellbutrin, Buropion, Buropion HCL, Fluoxetin, EFFEXOR® XR, etc..), beta blockers(Propanolol, etc..), blood thinners.
- 14 days before your scheduled procedure do NOT take any multivitamins including vitamin E and vitamin B, any food supplements and herbal products (Gingko, etc.) as they will increase bleeding.
- 7 days before your scheduled procedure STOP using Minoxidil (Regaine, Rogaine)
- 7 days before your scheduled procedure try to avoid any drinking of alcoholic beverages
- 24 hours before your scheduled procedure try to avoid any smoking of tobacco products as smoking will slow down healing.
- The morning of your procedure take a bath or shower and wash your hair thoroughly using regular shampoo. After shampooing, please rinse thoroughly and use a fresh clean towel to dry your hair.
- The morning of your procedure do NOT apply sprays or gels to your hair. If you wear a hairpiece or a hair system, please make sure it’s removed prior to your morning shower and not replaced before your procedure.
- The morning of your procedure eat something light for breakfast, but do NOT drink any coffee or any other caffeinated beverages.
- The morning of your procedure you’re advised to wear a shirt that unbuttons or other clothing that is loose enough around the neck, to avoid accidentally touching your head while putting your clothes back on after the procedure
DO’s After a Hair Transplant
- DO sleep with your head elevated for the first 7 days, or however long you experience swelling. For most patients, it will only last for a few days, and some may never experience it at all. A recliner is very useful as a makeshift bed. Just think of all the Netflix binge-watching you can accomplish while there!
- DO apply ice just above the eyebrows to help prevent swelling, which typically occurs on the 3rd or 4th day post-op.
- DO be very gentle when washing your hair for the first 5 days, DON’T blast the water stream directly onto your scalp as our medical assistant informed you
- DO hydrate well before and after hair transplant surgery.
- DO expect some hair to fall out from the transplanted areas about 2 to 4 weeks after your procedure. This is entirely normal and part of the natural hair growth cycle. This doesn’t mean that the follicles are damaged. Your hair will regrow within about three months.
DONT’s After a Hair Transplant
- DON’T: Sleep flat on your tummy or side, or rub your new hairline against a pillow.
- DON’T be alarmed if you experience swelling, especially on days 3 and 4 after the surgery.
- DON’T: Scratch your scalp. Some itchiness is normal the first few days after a hair transplant.
- DON’T: Wear any hats or ball caps for the first 14 days. The scabs that naturally form after a hair transplant need about three days to solidify. During this time, it is best to keep anything from touching your head.
- DON’T: Expose your scalp to direct sunlight other than brief periods of time during the first 2 weeks. It’s very common for hair transplant patients to use vacation time for their recovery, and it’s okay to spend that time at the beach or outside, as long as you don’t run any risk of sunburn. You also shouldn’t go scuba diving.
- DON’T: Engage in heavy exercise in the days following your hair transplant. You have to be careful with exertion – your blood pressure and heart rate need to stay in a safe zone until the risk of swelling has subsided.
- DON’T engage in any activities that might cause you to sweat heavily
- DON’T: Dye your hair for 6 months after your procedure; the harsh chemicals can compromise the success of the transplanted follicles when in that initial frail state directly after transplantation. Only organic dye is allowed after 3 months later from the procedure.
- DON’T consume alcohol for about five days after the procedure; alcohol in your system can interfere with the blood supply to the head.
- DON’T smoke for a month after the surgery. Again, blood flow is important for the growth of new hair. Giving up smoking altogether would be the best course of action, if you haven’t already done so.
- Hair transplant surgery is a very effective procedure that is only minimally-invasive and can have a very positive impact on your life. We hope that our tips will help you get the most out of hair restoration.
HOW DOES THE HEALING PROCESS GO?
- Mild pain may be felt in the first days after the operation. Pain killers are enough to relieve these pains.
- Bandages are removed the day after the operation.
- Two days after the operation, the hair is washed. In this process, it is very important to wash the hair with great precision. It is especially important for the health of the hair that the washing tap is not pressurized.
- It is very important not to get physiologically tired for a few weeks after the operation. Such situations can cause pressure in the head area and cause bleeding to occur.
- Like sports activities, alcohol and smoking should be avoided for the first few weeks. These substances pose a risk for hair transplantation health as they affect the head area.
- It is very important to use the medicines given by the doctors regularly after the operation. In particular, antibiotics used against possible infection should be used during the date range determined by the doctors. In addition, making ice pads for the first few days will be useful in preventing edema formation.
- Hair transplantation is not just an operation. A few months of care is needed. For this reason, regular checks and maintenance should be done without interruption in the period after the operation.
What are the Risks in Hair Transplantation?
Although hair transplantation is a common and often risk-free operation, it is ultimately a surgical intervention. Therefore, it requires precaution in terms of health. Although it is rare, the risks and complications to be experienced in hair transplantation can be listed as follows;
- Pain in the operated areas
- Bleeding in the operated areas
- Small diameter swelling
- Loss of feeling
- Fluid accumulation in the operation area
- Inflammation of the hair follicles
Even if many of these risks occur, they disappear after a while in hair transplantation treatment. The precautions of the complications that may occur with one or more of them are foreseen by the hair transplant doctors and treatment is applied to prevent them.