In short, gynecomastia, which can be summarized as enlargement of the breast tissue for men as a women type of breast growth , which can disturb the person and negatively affect his social life when it reaches advanced levels.
Thanks to gynecomastia surgery, it is possible to easily get rid of this discomfort regardless of its degree and reason. Liposuction and its derivatives for minimal tissue growth; In the case of sagging skin accompanying tissue growth, surgical operation eliminates physical deformation caused by breast growth for men.
What is Gynecomastia?
As in the female of the human species, the breast exists in the same way as an organ for male and they are similar organs structurally. Although the breast is smaller for men, there is a similar tissue consisting of milk glands just like in women.
What makes the male breast inactive is testosterone, the male hormone. In this way, breasts do not grow during puberty for men. The hard tissue we call glandular enables the male breast to remain as a muscle group close to the breast area. The fat tissue in the male breast is much less than the female breast.
However, when there are situations such as hormonal imbalance or excessive weight gain, breast enlargement may occur, which is the name of this uncontrolled growth in the medical literature.
Causes of Gynecomastia
Although gynecomastia may seem like the subject of plastic surgery, it is a health problem and should be evaluated in a holistic approach. There may be many reasons for breast growth in men. Before the operation, the reasons behind gynecomastia should be investigated, and if it is decided that it is necessary, the condition that causes breast enlargement should be treated first.
We can list the common conditions that cause gynecomastia as follows:
- For men, breast tissue enlargement due to the increase of estrogen the female hormone.
- Excessive growth of fat cells in the breast tissue due to weight gain.
- Structural growth and sagging due to weight gain and loss.
- Growth in breast tissue as a side effect of some drugs used for hormonal disorders.
- Deterioration and sagging of the breast tissue due to aging.
- Breast enlargement caused by some synthetic muscle enlargers used among athletes.
- Gynecomastia development due to low testosterone levels.
- Breast enlargement due to a history of weight gain combined with a low testosterone level.
Gynecomastia usually occurs and is neglected during adolescence and is mostly caused by the genetic hormonal structure. However, it is noticed when it starts to disturb the person in business and social life.
Breast tissue is large for a man and there has to be a certain breast volume. In advanced cases of gynecomastia, it is possible to talk about male breasts that look like female breasts.
Gynecomastia, which occurs in adolescence or advanced ages, may show symptoms in the early periods ;
- Breast hardness
- Swelling from the breast tissue
- Sensitiveness on the breast or nipple
- The difference in size between breasts
- Swelling from the nipple or feeling pain.
Even if the breast tissue has not grown or doesn’t disturb enough, it is useful to consult a doctor if one or more of these symptoms are present.
Gynecomastia surgery in Turkey
We can say that gynecomastia was a condition that was ignored until a few years ago and the distress it caused was ignored. Men who limit their social life because of their breasts do not have to try to hide their breasts in gyms, beaches, business meetings thanks to gynecomastia operations. Gynecomastia surgeries and their reasonable prices in Turkey are great advantages regarding successful results.