How is a DHI Hair Transplant done?
DHI(Direct Hair Implant) is modified version of FUE hair implantation and follows a similar procedure. Our surgeon will remove hair follicles from a part of your scalp, usually the back of your head, and implant them into balding areas by Choi Pen.
What are the stages of the DHI method?
Before & After
Definitive and great results
You can see the results by swiping the arrow in the middle left or right.
Who needs DHI procedure?
People with androgenic alopecia, which is the most common type of hair loss,make the best candidates for hair implantations, especially for women.
The following characteristics also make you a good canditate for DHI procedure
No shave. It is the most ideal method for people who do not prefer a complete haircut. Specially for women, this is the most recommended method for hair transplantation.
No scar. Since there is no channel opening stage, there is no scar after the operation and therefore it is more advantageous than the FUE method.
Quick healing. Since there is no channel opening stage, so easy recovery period than FUE method.
What is the Difference Between DHI and FUE Hair Transplantation?
The main difference between DHI hair transplantation and FUE is that the FUE operation is performed in three different processes and therefore the recovery and operation times are prolonged. In DHI hair transplantation, grooving and hair follicle transplantation processes are carried out through a single process thanks to the choi pen. FUE treatment involves the process of removing hair follicles, opening hair canals in the area to be transplanted, and transplanting hair follicles into new canals. In the DHI method, this process is shorter. The main differences between the two methods are as follows:
- Unlike FUE, channel opening and planting processes are carried out together in DHI.
- Hair follicles on the implanter pen are directly implanted without opening the channel.
- Implanter needle is used in DHI hair transplantation.
How is DHI Hair Transplantation Performed?
In DHI hair transplantation, hair follicles are collected first, as in FUE. These roots are then placed in the choi pen. The Choi pen makes it possible to perform hair transplantation without the need for new hair channels. With the help of a pen, a hair transplant operation is performed quickly to the desired area.
What are the Benefits and Advantages of DHI Hair Transplantation?
DHI Hair transplantation has many advantages over the Fue method. Thanks to these advantages, it is more likely to have a healthy hair transplant. These advantages can be listed as follows;
- It is a faster operation.
- Hair follicles are more likely to remain healthy, as canal opening and transplantation applications are combined in a single procedure.
- Since there is no channel opening process, the area to be transplanted does not need to be shaved
- Since there is no channel opening operation, the amount of wound and crusting is much less.
- More guaranteed results are obtained.
- The healing process is much faster.
All these factors make DHI hair transplantation advantageous.
What are the Considerations and Disadvantages of DHI Hair Transplantation?
There are some situations that need to be well researched and known during DHI hair transplantation. These situations can be listed as follows;
- DHI hair transplantation is a new method according to FUE.
- As it is a new method, the competence of doctors who will perform DHI hair transplantation is very important. Doctors who lack competence are likely to perform a sowing that is far from aesthetic
- Before the hair transplant to be performed, the transplantation plan should be carefully created. Otherwise, a hair transplant operation devoid of shape may occur