What is Beard Transplant?
Beard transplantation, where demand has been increasing, is the application of hair transplantation to the face. It is based on the transplantation of hair follicles taken from the scalp in the beard and mustache area of men, areas where hair is scarce or absent.
Who Is Suitable For Beard Transplantation?
Beard transplantation is an operation that has been popular in recent years, just like hair transplantation. This is because the beard now has a feature that creates a sense of beauty like hair. However, it may not be right to have a beard transplant operation in any case. Observation of the following symptoms in patients who need beard transplantation necessitates the transplantation:
- Increasing beard loss
- Your beard volume starts to decrease significantly
- Continuation of beard loss against the measures taken
- Being examined by a specialist doctor and find out the necessity of beard transplantation
How is Beard Transplant Applied?
Beard transplantation is applied just like basic hair transplant operations. First, a beard map is created, then pre-operative analyzes and studies are performed. Then, FUE beard transplantation is performed with the hair follicles taken from the back of the head. Hair follicles taken in FUE operation are placed in the opened channels.
Another beard transplant operation is performed with the choi pen. The DHI operation used in hair transplantation can be performed by following the same road map in beard transplantation.
What are the Advantages of Beard Transplantation?
For the last few years, beard has been an important part of styling. Beards with aesthetic appearance are the explanation of being well-groomed and giving importance to appearance. Therefore, the beard transplant operation is performed frequently for these reasons. The advantages of beard cultivation can be listed as follows:
- Faster recovery time: The recovery time of the beard transplant operation is much shorter than the hair transplant. Injuries and crusting are also less common
- Painless Transplantation: Beard transplantation is an operation that does not cause any pain. The pain felt during transplantation consists of small stinging sensations
- Ease of shaping: Since the beard transplantation will be done equally on every needed area, all the areas with beard will grow equally. Thus, even if the amount of beard increases, a neat image will appear
- High density transplantation advantage: Since the beard area is spread over a smaller area than the hair area, the roots can be transplanted densely.
- Possibility of determining the style: It is possible to create a style freely as the patients will request a transplantation scheme according to their wishes while creating a beard transplant plan.
What are the Disadvantages of Beard Transplantation?
Beard transplantation operation is performed with hair follicles taken from the donor area just like hair transplantation.
For this reason, patients are exposed to the process of taking roots in their hair areas. Apart from this, there is no serious disadvantage related to beard transplantation. This operation is one of the natural processes of hair transplantation. There may be a few problems that can be experienced during and after the beard transplant. These problems can be listed as follows:
- Swelling in the beard transplantation area (face, neck)
- Temporary pain in the area where the hair follicle is taken
- Temporary loss of sensation in the face area
- Wound and scab in the transplanted area
- Small bleeding
- Small size scars
Many of the problems mentioned above are very rare. In addition, beard transplantation is carried out with precautions against all these complications. For this reason, beard transplantation is an operation with low risk.
How is the recovery process of beard transplant?
You’ll need a day to recover from the beard implant surgery. Tiny crusts may form around each newly implanted hair follicle, but these should flake off within a few days.
Just a small tip: Your new beard hairs may fall out after 2 or 3 weeks. This is normal, and new hair should grow in to take their place.